So many links, so little time…
Here’s what caught my attention around the internets lately:
- Seanan McGuire posted the cover for the new Toby Daye book, “Late Eclipses” (out March 2011). It’s not as pretty as the cover for “An Artificial Night”, but it’s more Toby, somehow. And I love the titles for this series.
- Sarah Rees Brennan blogged about her experience on the Smart Chicks Kick It author tour. Hilarious. And Renee attended one of the signings and is having a giveaway (ending Tuesday 28 Sept).
- I also loved Sarah Rees Brennan’s interview at Wondrous Reads, when she talked about a whole lot of things, including how she met Holly Black, her covers, and what she’s currently working on.
- Lois McMaster Bujold posted about a cover that literally made me wince. DAW has previous form in this area – remember this one? What makes it worse is that I want to get this book – “Love & Rockets”, a romance-SF anthology out this December. Sigh.
- Okay, I can’t quite remember how I stumbled upon this link, but it’s a writing post about how to hook readers with the first chapter. And it’s not exactly relevant to me and I only clicked through to the linked first chapter of the post’s author out of curiosity – and wow, talk about a first chapter. Beth Revis’ debut YA “Across the Universe” (out Spring 2011) is now firmly on my radar.
- Diana Peterfreund has written a book adaptation of the film “Morning Glory” (film released Nov, book out Oct 19). I’ve never particularly cared for book adaptations (or film adaptations, come to that), but I am very interested in this one.
- And Jennie’s back! Jennie’s B[ook]log was one of the first blogs I started reading way back when – and she introduced me to Eva Ibbotson, for which I will always be grateful.
And that’s it for now!